Adapted from Elana’s Pantry
These scones are not too sweet, full of healthy nuts and seeds, and really delicious with no belly bloat. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
Makes 16 small scones
2 cups almond flour/meal
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 dried cranberries
1/4 cup dried apricots, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 large egg
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, beat the egg and add the coconut oil and maple syrup.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
5. Use your hands to form a dough and place dough between two large pieces of parchment paper. Roll out to a 61/2 x 6 1/2 square that is about 3/4 inch thick.
6. Cut into 16 squares and place squares on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes until slightly golden on top.
8. Let cool for at least 10 minutes for serving.
1. You can change up the fruits, seeds, and nuts as you like.
2. I like using dried cranberries sweetened with apple juice. You can find them in most health food stores.