Adapted from detoxinista.com
There is no need to go out for Thai food when this delicious dish can be whipped up in almost no time at all. I picked up a long squash on the weekend and was wondering what to do with it. It was delicious in this curry. If you haven’t tried long squash, give it a go in this recipe.
It will be Sansational!
Here is my curry:
Here is what long squash looks like:
Makes 3 to 4 large servings
1 teaspoon coconut oil
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 long squash (no need to peel or seed), cut into one inch pieces
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk, full fat
1 tablespoon tamari, or soy sauce
4 large pieces of any white fish (Tilapia, Bass), cut into small pieces
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh coriander
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large wok or Dutch oven over medium heat, and saute the onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the long squash and cook for another five to ten minutes until softened. Add in the curry powder and stir well.
3. Add in the coconut milk, tamari, and salt and stir well. Add the fish.
4. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
5. Top with coriander and enjoy!
1. You can make a vegan version of this recipe by omitting the fish and serving with quinoa.
2. If you don’t have long squash, this recipe works great with other veggies as well such as sweet potato, cauliflower, peppers, or broccoli (use about 1 pound of veggies).