Adapted from Detoxinista.com
Makes 12 to 20 squares (depending how you divide it)
I had a craving for a nutty, chocolately fudge (due to post Valentine’s Day cravings and the cold weather). This fudge really fit the bill and took no more than 10 minutes to assemble.
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup raw creamy almond butter (unsalted)
1 1/2 tbsp raw honey
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SWIRL
1/4 coconut oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder (I like Giddy Yoyo)
2 tbsp maple syrup (or more if you like a sweeter taste)
1. TO MAKE THE FUDGE: Line a small container or loaf pan with parchment paper. (The smaller the container, the thicker the fudge.)
2. In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients and combine well.
3. Place the mixture in the lined container and spread out evenly.
4. TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE SWIRL: In the same small saucepan (don’t worry about washing it), melt the coconut oil over low heat. Remove from heat and add the cocoa powder and maple syrup and combine well.
5. Place the chocolate on top of the fudge mixture and swirl in with a knife.
6. Place the fudge in the freezer for about 2- 4 hours until set. Holding the parchment paper, remove from container and cut into pieces. Place the pieces back in the freezer.
7. Enjoy directly from the freezer as the fudge will melt at room temperature.