Adapted from Coconut Every Day
What a creative and convenient idea to swirl almond butter right in your banana bread batter before baking it! This makes for a delicious protein boost to this high fiber, gluten free, and grain free banana bread. I love this bread for breakfast or for a mid-afternoon snack with a cup of chai tea. It is moist, filling and…
Makes 1 loaf
FOR THE ALMOND BUTTER SWIRL
1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 fine sea salt
FOR THE BREAD
2/3 cup almond flour
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper (with a little paper hanging over the sides for easy pull out later).
2. MAKE THE ALMOND BUTTER SWIRL: In a small saucepan, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt over low heat. Set aside. (I loved licking the remaining swirl from the saucepan using a rubber spatula – Sooooo good!)
3. MAKE THE BREAD: In a small bowl, combined the almond and coconut flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil and maple syrup. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan. Add the almond butter mixture on top and swirl with a knife to make a fancy pattern.
5. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes (depends on the oven) until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 20 minutes, then pull out of the pan using the parchment paper and let cool completely.
1. Top with my Strawberry Raspberry Chia Jam.
2. I like to store over ripe bananas in the freezer (without the peel) for recipes like this one. Just defrost and they are good to go!