Adapted from Elana’s Pantry
There is almost nothing more comforting than the classic smell of apples and cinnamon in the fall and these muffins will make your house smell Sansational! They are super moist, taste like apple streusel, and like my Banana Muffins, are school and daycare friendly. The ultimate taste test was when my son’s daycare container came back empty.
Makes 12 muffins
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cup apples, grated (about 4 small apples)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4, Blend dry ingredients into wet, then fold in grated apples.
5. Scoop batter into a lined muffin pan or greased silicone muffin cups until almost full.
6. Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on oven) until golden brown and firm to touch. Cool for at least 15 minutes (if you can wait!) and serve.
1. If the apples are organic, I grate the apples with the skin on for added fibre.
2. If nut allergies are not a concern, you can fold in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter before baking.
3. Silicone baking cups are my preferred choice for baking as they are easy to clean. Most kitchen stores carry them.