Inspired by Meghan Telpner
These remind me of the classic “Cherry Blossoms”, but are made with much healthier ingredients. Great for Halloween or any time for a sweet indulgence.
Makes 12 truffles
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup (add more if you like it sweeter)
3 tbsp dried raisins
3 tbsp dried cranberries
1/4 rum (optional)
1/3 cup water
3 tbsp dried coconut, ground in coffee grinder
1/3 cup raw cashews
pinch of cinnamon
1. Line a mini 12-cup muffin tin (or mini silicone baking cups) with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, mix together the water and rum and place dried fruit into liquid mixture. Let sit for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Once rehydrated, place fruit in a food processor with coconut, cashews and cinnamon and process together until well mixed.
4. Over low heat, melt together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and cacao powder. You need this only warm enough that the goods melt together.
5. Pour about 1/2 – 1 tbsp of chocolate into each cup.
6. Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes or until solid.
7. Remove chocolate from freezer and form small little patties of the fruit mixture and gently place over first layer of chocolate in the muffin tray.
8. At this point, you may need to reheat the chocolate mix, do so just until it is pourable again.
9. Gently spoon chocolate into each compartment until fruit mix is covered fully.
10. Return to freezer to allow chocolate to set.