Adapted from oh she glows
Gone are the days of making pudding with store-bought packages when we can use the magic of chia seeds to thicken a home-made chocolate pudding. Chia seeds and cocoa powder are super foods, but this recipe tastes so good that it is hard to believe it is healthy for you. I had it for breakfast this morning.
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup chia seeds
3 tbsp raw cocoa powder (or baking cocoa powder)
Pinch of fine sea salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients in a mason jar, add lid, and shake vigorously until blended.
2. Leave in refrigerator for at least 4 hours to overnight to thicken.
3. Sweeten with more maple syrup to your taste.
1. Top with your favourite toppings like sliced banana, strawberries, unsweetened shredded coconut, goji berries, walnuts or almonds.
2. You can find chia seeds at health food stores, some grocery stores, and now even Costco (which has big bags at a decent price).