Adapted from ohsheglows.com
Make crackers? No, I am not cracked. Really, crackers are so easy to make with this recipe. I must admit that I was really skeptical trying this recipe containing no oil or flour. But, these are unbelievably tasty. The chia seeds bind everything together. My 21-month old can’t enough of them. After a day, they have disappeared. I will need to make another batch tonight. These are really good served with Hemp Seed Guacamole.
Makes one large cookie sheet’s worth
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 cup water
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 tsp Herbamare
3/4 tsp onion powder
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the seeds. In a small bowl, combine the water with the garlic and spices.
3. Add the liquid to the seed mixture and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture on cookie sheet and with the back of a spoon press out as thin as possible making sure there are no holes.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Carefully hold parchment paper with mixture on top and move to a cutting board. With pizza cutter, cut into crackers of desired shapes and sizes and gently flip over. Move crackers back to baking sheet holding parchment paper. Bake for another 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown on bottom. Watch last few minutes carefully.
1. Play around with the spices to suit your fancy. Try curry powder, oregano, or cayenne for a spicy kick. Hmmm…I wonder if a chocolate version with cocoa powder and some maple sugar would work. If you try it, let me know the results!
2. I have bought chia seeds at Costco, health food stores, and Loblaws.