Adapted from The Oh She Glows Cookbook
I bought up some gorgeous strawberries and raspberries yesterday at the Leslieville Farmer’s Market. Sweet, plump, and oh so juicy. My only dilemma was what to do with them all when I returned home. Found the perfect solution…homemade jam. I have never made homemade jam before because I assumed it would be a huge all day time commitment. This jam only took me twenty minutes to make! The chia seeds thicken the jam and and the fresh berries make it burst with intense summer flavour.
Very Berry Sansational!
Makes 1 to 1 and 1/2 cups
2 cups strawberries
1 cup raspberries
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp vanilla
1. In a medium pot, add berries and maple syrup and cook over medium heat until bubbling. Simmer and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Add the chia seeds and simmer until thickened (about 10 to 15 minutes), stirring frequently.
3. Remove from heat, add vanilla, and additional maple syrup to desired sweetness.
1. The jam lasts about two weeks in the fridge. To make again in a jiffy, I froze the left over strawberries in 2-cup portions to make this jam in the future.
2. Use this jam in cookies, on toast, or straight out of the jar. Check out my upcoming posts for double chocolate thumbprint cookies and almond butter and jam toast, pictured below: