Adapted from The Joyous Health Cookbook
Summer is not complete without eating a great potato salad. I love this recipe that uses a mix of sweet and red potatoes. Fresh basil, my favourite herb, gives it a special summer taste. The best part of this salad is that no one will guess that it is mayo free.
Serves 4 to 6
3 red potatoes, cut in small chunks
3 smaller sweet potatoes, cut in small chunks
For the dressing:
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 scallions, chopped
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp filtered water
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until fork tender (about 10 minutes). Rinse under cool water. Wait a few minutes and repeat. Cool potatoes completely.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients. Add the potatoes and mix well.
3. Let sit for a few hours to let flavours combine.
1. You can substitute the basil for fresh dill and/or parsley.
2. If the potatoes are organic, leave the skins on for added nutritional benefits.