I cannot believe how tasty this salad is. I could not stop eating it directly from the bowl. The zucchini ribbons act like pasta and the chick peas make the salad filling.
The basil pesto completes the flavourings to make it Sansational!
3 small zucchini or 1/2 large zucchini
1 15-ounce can chick peas, drained
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
10 basil leaves, chopped
3 tbsp basil pesto (I used the one from Costco)
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional and to taste) Fine sea salt to taste Mixed greens or spinach leaves
1. With a spiralizer, ribbon the zucchini.
2. Place zucchini and the next 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine well.
3. Serve on a bed of mixed greens or spinach.
1. I used the spiralizer from Pampered Chef. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a carrot peeler to create strands of zucchini instead.
2. Since zucchinis vary in size, you can always add more or less ribbons to your liking to the salad.