Pie inspired by Martha Stewart and The Oh She Glows Cookbook
Cilantro Lime Sauce from The Oh She Glows Cookbook
I can’t believe how easy it was to whip up this beautiful and delicious meal. You will never miss the cheese as the creamy cilantro lime sauce completes the pie.
Ingredients for the Pie:
2 cups sweet potato, peeled and chopped small
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 red onion, diced
2 large cloves garlic, diced
1 bell pepper (any colour), diced
1 15-ounce can black or red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked chicken, cubed (optional)
2 large handfuls of spinach or kale
2 cups organic tomato sauce or marinara sauce
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp chili powder, or to taste
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 fine sea salt, or to taste
4 sprouted-grain tortilla wraps
Ingredients for the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 medium avocado, pitted
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 garlic powder
Sliced green onion
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. For the pie: Place the sweet potato in water until covered. Boil for 5 – 7 minutes until fork tender.
3. In a large frying pan or wok, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender. Add the bell pepper and cook for a few more minutes. Add the next nine ingredients and the sweet potato and stir well. Cook until spinach/kale is wilted.
4. Place one wrap on baking sheet and top with 1/4 of the pie mixture. Repeat three times. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.
5. For the Sauce: Combine in a blender until smooth.
6. To serve: Cut pie into four wedges, dollop sauce on top along with fresh cilantro and sliced onions.