Adapted from The Oh She Glows Cookbook
All I can say about these little gems is that they are out of this world. The trend of combining salt with chocolate is a brilliant one and is highly likely here to stay. Another added bonus is that these handmade chocolates look complicated, but are very easy to make in little time.
Makes 10 one inch chocolates
For the filling:
1 cup large Medjool dates (about 11), pits removed
2 tsp macadamia cashew butter
A pinch of fine sea salt
For the chocolate coating:
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
1/2 tsp coconut oil
Sea salt crystals for topping
Mini paper baking cups
1. In a high powered food processor, blend together the filling ingredients until sticky. Place mixture in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes until firm.
2. Roll into one inch balls.
3. On low heat, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Remove from heat and coat each ball in chocolate. Place each ball on a paper baking cup and top each ball with any remaining chocolate coating.
4. Sprinkle each ball with sea salt crystals.
5. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.
1. If your dates are dry, place in hot water for 10 minutes before using.
2. I have been experimenting with different nut butters and macadamia cashew butter is now one of my favourites. It really adds a rich flavour to these chocolates, but you can use any all natural nut butter of your choice.