Inspired by Angela Liddon’s Rad Rainbow Raw Thai Salad
It really felt like spring today in Toronto, so I left like eating a fresh, crispy salad. This Raw Thai Salad really hit the spot. The flavours of ginger, coriander, and sesame make for the perfect Thai flavoring. This salad is the perfect example of high nutrition/low calorie food that tastes outstanding.
Serves 2 to 4
1 medium zucchini, julienned or spiraled
2 large carrots, julienned
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup frozen edamame, thawed
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 cup coriander, choppped
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup raw almond butter (or tahini)
2 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
2 tbsp low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
2 tbsp water
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
1. Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Blend the dressing ingredients in a blender (I used my Magic Bullet).
3. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss until salad ingredients are coated with the dressing.
1. To quickly julienne the carrots and zucchini, I used a Kuhn Rikon julienne peeler. Like I mentioned in my previous post for Kickass Kale & Carrot Salad, this peeler takes up very little drawer space and the results look very professional in very little time.
2. I keep peeled ginger chunks in my freezer and grate the ginger right from the freezer into my blender cup.