These are moist, chocolatey, cake-like brownies. Combining all the ingredients in one bowl makes for the quickest brownies ever. The dash of cayenne pepper adds an unexpected kick. Great for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of green tea.
Makes 16 small squares
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup raw cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 in x 9 in pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix coconut oil, sugar, and vanilla. Stir well.
3. Add one egg at a time and stir well after each addition.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well to ensure that there are no lumps.
5. Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until centre springs back when gently touched.
6. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.