Adapted from myvega.com
OMG these are a taste explosion! Who know that cauliflower could taste SO good? I am becoming a big fan of cauliflower as its versatility is demonstrated in my previous post of Cauliflower Alfredo with Chicken and Argula. Now, the rave is cauliflower pizza crust (to be tested by me soon). In the meantime, I will savour these cauliflower “buffalo wings” while they last. I made my own hot sauce as I did not have any like Franks in my house. It turned out amazing (or shall I say “Sansational”) as well.
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1 cup water
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp garlic powder
dash of pepper
1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
3/4 hot dipping sauce, see recipe below (or store-bought like Franks)
1 tbsp, coconut oil, melted
For the hot dipping sauce:
1 cup organic salsa
1 tbsp chili garlic sauce, or to taste
10 drops of hot sauce like Tabasco
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine brown rice flour, water, paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Whisk to get all the lumps out. Batter should just thinly coat the cauliflower.
3. Dip cauliflower into batter. (I threw as many pieces as I could, tossed in the bowl, and scooped out with a large cooking spoon with that contains holes. I think a spatula with holes would work too.) Place the cauliflower on cookie sheet and repeat with remaining cauliflower.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, turn and bake for another 10 minutes. In the meantime, prepare the hot sauce below (or use one of your choice) and combine with coconut oil.
5. Remove from cauliflower from oven and toss with hot sauce until coated. Place back in oven for another 10 minutes.
6. Add more salt if desired and sprinkle with coriander and enjoy!
To make the hot dipping sauce:
Blend salsa, chili sauce and hot sauce together. (I used my Magic Bullet.) Add more hot sauce to your desired heat level. Here is a pic of my mine: