Adapted from Angela Liddon’s, “oh she glows website” – Irresistibly Chewy Trail Mix Cookies
This cookie has it all…nuts, seeds, coconut, oats, chocolate; thus, making it one of my favorite cookies (and my family’s). Be warned, they will not last long!
These are truly Sansational!
Makes 18 cookies
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, blended into oat flour
1/2 cup almond meal or almond flour
1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds
1/4 cup Sucanat or coconut sugar or brown sugar
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
3 tablespoons mini dark chocolate chips (or finely chopped chocolate)
2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg or 1 tablespoon ground flax + 2 tablespoons water, mixed together
1/4 cup “drippy” raw almond butter (or other all-natural nut butter)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener)
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. If not using egg, whisk together the ground flax and water in a small mug and set aside so it can gel up.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
4. In another medium sized bowl, stir together the wet ingredients, including the egg or flax egg until thoroughly combined.
5. Add the wet mixture on top of the dry mixture and stir well until combined.
6. Portion small balls of dough (just smaller than golf balls) onto the baking sheet, spacing them a couple inches apart. Press down gently to make a disc.
7. Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes until light golden brown on the bottom.
8. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack until completely cool. The cookies will break apart easily until cooled, so be careful.
9. Wrap up and store leftovers on the counter or in the freezer, if desired.