This one pot dish is great in a pinch and a great use of leftover chicken or turkey. The basil pesto smells so delicious and reminds me of summer coming.
Serves 3 to 4
2 tsp grapeseed oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 red pepper
5 cups spinach
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
8 ounces cooked brown rice pasta
2 tbsp basil pesto (or more to taste)
Red chili flakes (optional)
Sea salt or Herbamare
1. In a large pan or wok, heat grapeseed oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and red pepper until onion is translucent.
2. Stir in the spinach, chicken, pasta and basil pesto.
3. Add chili flakes, sea salt or Herbamare to taste.
1. Grapeseed oil is a good oil to have on hand because it has a high smoking point and gives a neutral flavour to dishes.
2. I really like using homemade pesto, but in a pinch store-bought is great. I freeze pesto in ice cube trays and transfer to a plastic zip lock bag for later use.